A generous donation of $935,000 from the Oilgear-Ferris Foundation was awarded to the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE). It will be used to support students in fluid power and mechanical engineering by funding senior projects, programs and organizations, and scholarships. The donation will likely serve as a catalyst to grow the industry’s future workforce and encourage academic research & development at MSOE.
Oilgear started out as a development project in 1921 by three Bucyrus Co. engineers. Over the years, it grew into a global business, providing solutions for hydraulic controls and systems. It was built on the foundation of providing advanced engineering solutions to its customers, and is held in high esteem for its commitment to innovation. It is recognized for supplying long-term financial support to MSOE, and employing laborers, assemblers, machinists, engineers, and business professionals at its Milwaukee location.
In 2015, the company left its manufacturing location in Milwaukee, where it produced pumps, parts, and hydraulic systems for industrial machinery and construction equipment. Now, the Oilgear-Ferris Foundation has elected to transfer the balance of the foundation to the school, leaving an impressive legacy in the new Oilgear-Ferris Foundation Endowed Fund.