New software aids in ISO hydraulic cylinder design Appeared in print as "New software aids ISO cylinder design"
DVC software was recently introduced by Atos SpA, Sesto Calende, Italy, for fast and efficient design of ISO standard hydraulic cylinders. Selection and sizing calculation features provide step-by-step guidance to help users identify the best cylinder for each application. Three dimensional modelling capability provides support for mechanical design of systems by allowing users to include the 3-D model into the overall drawing.
The software’s main features include:
• 2-D cylinder display with basic installation dimensions and export capability as a DXF file.
• 3-D cylinder display with positioning of the rod stroke that can be exported in IGES, SAT and STEP format,
• calculation of applied forces, check of buckling loads, cushioning, and cylinder service life,
• technical documentation and spare parts tables for the selected cylinder or attachment, and
• generation of bill of materials.
DVC software is available in DVD format in four selectable languages: English, Italian, French, and German. It encompasses ISO standard cylinders provided by Atos:
• ISO 6020-2 square head, tierod cylinders rated for pressure to 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-1 round head cylinders with counterflanges rated for 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-3 big bore cylinders with counterflanges rated for 250 bar,
• ISO 6022 round head cylinders with counterflanges rated for 320 bar,
• ISO 6020-2 square head servocylinders rated for pressure to 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-2 cylinders for potentially explosive atmospheres to ATEX directive 94/9/CE and rated to 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-2 cylinders with adjustable proximity sensors rated to 150 bar,
• Attachments for ISO 6982, ISO 8132, and ISO 8133 cylinders.