1. Air-cooled heat exchangers:
- are less expensive than water-cooled heat exchangers.
- are not as efficient as water-cooled heat exchangers.
- require a water hookup.
2. The watt density of immersion-type tank heaters should never exceed:
- 2 to 4 watts per square inch.
- 4 to 6 watts per square inch.
- 8 to 10 watts per square inch.
3. A hydraulic reservoir is normally sized at:
- 1 to 2 times pump flow in gpm.
- 2 to 3 times pump flow in gpm.
- 4 to 6 times pump flow in gpm.
4. The main purpose of the hydraulic tank is to:
- hold enough fluid for the circuit.
- deaerate the returned fluid.
- cool the fluid.
|5. The symbol at right shows a line that: |
6. Inlet and return lines should:
- terminate below fluid level.
- terminate above fluid level.
- terminate anywhere that is convenient.
7. One can always trust the sight glass for accurate fluid volume.
8. The best configuration for pump and reservoir is:
- pump on top.
- pump alongside.
- pump underneath.
9. All heat in a hydraulic system comes from:
- wasted energy.
- too large electric motor.
- oversize piping and valves.
10. A pneumatic system's reservoir is:
- sized 3 to 4 times compressor flow in cfm.
- sized 6 to 8 times compressor flow in cfm.
- the earth's atmosphere.