1. Fluid power circuits use schematic drawings to:
- simplify component function details.
- make it so only trained persons can understand the functions.
- make the drawing look impressive.
2. A pneumatic symbol is:
- different from a hydraulic symbol used for the same function.
- the same as a hydraulic symbol used for the same function.
- not to be compared to a hydraulic symbol used for the same function.
3. Pneumatic systems usually do not exceed:
- 1 hp.
- 1 to 2 hp.
- 2 to 3 hp.
4. Most hydraulic circuits:
- operate from a central hydraulic power unit.
- use air-over-oil power units.
- have a dedicated power unit.
5. Hydraulic and pneumatic circuits:
- perform the same way for all functions.
- perform differently for all functions.
- perform the same with some exceptions.
6. The lubricator in a pneumatic circuit is the:
- first element in line.
- second element in line.
- last element in line.
7. Series circuits work on both hydraulic and pneumatic actuators.
8. When comparing first cost of hydraulic systems to pneumatic systems, generally they are:
- more expensive to purchase.
- less expensive to purchase.
- cost about the same.
9. When comparing operating cost of hydraulic systems to pneumatic systems, generally they are.
- more expensive to operate.
- less expensive to operate.
- cost about the same to operate.
10. The most common hydraulic fluid is:
- mineral oil.
- synthetic fluid.