Alkon Corp. Acquires Allenair Corp. Courtesy of Alkon

Alkon Corp. Acquires Allenair Corp.

As the newest division of Alkon Corp., Allenair’s sales and production activities will be integrated under Alkon’s management team over the next few months. 

Allenair started off in small a basement rented by Alton K. Allen in 1945 as a company providing parts for air cylinders. Known back then as A.K. Allen Co., it soon moved to a larger facility in Brooklyn, N.Y. It eventually settled into its current location in Mineola, N.Y., in 1958, where it has undergone additional expansions to its present size of five acres.

Alkon is no stranger to growth either. It began in the mid-1950s producing a single line of components in Hawthorne, N.J., then added valves and push-to-connect fittings. It quadrupled its valve offering in 2000 with the acquisition of ISI Fluid Power. Then in 2012 Alkon acquired Star Hydraulics, adding pumps, cylinders, and jacks to its product portfolio. Alkon’s main manufacturing facility in Fremont, Ohio, has expanded to 100,000 square feet—nearly 10 times its original size.

“We are long admirers of Allenair products and are proud to add them to our company,” says Alkon’s Daniel Starkweather. “The addition of Allenair to the Alkon Corp. family of companies will allow us to expand our global footprint and provide additional services and products to our customers and their customers.”

For more information, visit www.alkon.com or allenair.com.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish