Time is running out to register for the Milwaukee School of Engineering's Fluid Power Industrial Consortium (FPIC). The half-day technical seminar will focus on devices that perform self-diagnostics and troubleshooting and integrate easily with “plug-and-play” functionality. It is scheduled to be held Friday, March 2, 2018 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Milwaukee. (Click here to make a reservation at a discounted rate for the event.) For the first time, non-consortium members are invited to register for the seminar and experience first-hand the benefits of becoming an FPIC member.
Technical sessions include:
Smart Sensors in Fluid Power: A Systems-Solutions Approach
Pressure and Temperature Sensing are Combined into a Single Package Using Smart Packaging, Calibration and Testing
IO-Link: A New Way to Communicate with Smart Sensors
Click here to view the full agenda.
Image courtesy of the NFPA
Who Should Attend
- Components, systems, and machine design engineers whose products incorporate sensor technologies for measurement, feedback, and control
- Automation and control systems design engineers
- Programing and software engineers
Benefits of Attending
- Unique opportunity for attendees to obtain up-to-the minute information on smart sensors and their ever-increasing and important role in fluid power.
- Network with diverse industry professionals who represent stakeholders in the fluid power industry.
- Experience the benefits of becoming a Fluid Power Industrial Consortium member.
The non-consortium member registration fee for the seminar is $125, which includes a light breakfast, lunch, and free parking at MSOE. Registration is free for current FPIC consortium members and employees of NFPA-member companies. For more information and to register, click here.
Benefits of FPIC membership include:
- Access to the latest technology advances in fluid power vetted for no-sales pitch presented by industry professionals
- Send up to four individuals to each of the quarterly seminars
- Associate and network with diverse industry representatives
- Interact with MSOE’s Fluid Power Institute Technical Staff, including engineers, researchers, undergraduate, and graduate students
- Access archived presentations on a secure website to review at your convenience
- Receive Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon request
- Receive a member discount of 15% on MSOE’s Fluid Power Professional Education training programs
Also, mark your calendars for future seminars in 2018:
June 1: Advanced Hydraulic Fluids for Enhanced System Reliability
September 7: Robotic Automation for Small Batch Manufacturing of Fluid Power Components
December 7: Advanced Sealing Technologies and Materials for Improving System Reliability
For more information, contact Tom Wanke, CFPE; Director, MSOE Fluid Power Industrial Consortium and Industry Relations, at [email protected], or call (414) 277-7191.